I was wrong - Slashdot is a blog

This seems like a bit of an obvious statement, but I've been reading /. for a long time (my email still has a "forgotten password request" from 2001 so at least six years I suppose) and I always thought it preceded blogging as a term, which was why I said so on Sicilian Notes.

Richard then noted that it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc. so I thought about it awhile and did some googling. I find Slashdot has received a bloggie this year and the wikipedia entry says it "resembles a blog in many ways" so I am happy to retract. Still seems weird though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the virtue of a proportional response?

"Your request could not be completed. Please try again in a few minutes."

Remote Desktop Connection Manager - a boon for admins