Happy birthday Canada

You're 139 years old but every prime minister says you're a young country. I didn't decide to do anything special this year, and certainly nothing as special as last year. If an alien landed in Toronto especially near College Street or St. Clair Avenue it might be hard pressed to figure out what country it was in given the number of cars with Italian or Portuguese flags, never mind the English and Brazilian ones, given that it's World Cup time (haven't seen a French car flag yet).

So since those people are busy, I'll put up this one right here.


[from the website of the National Flag of Canada, Department of Canadian Heritage]

Comments

Had my first Canada Day in Toronto yesterday and all in all it was a pretty tame affair. Whether that's the norm or not, I'm not quite sure.

In general, like you alluded to in your post, I think I seen more Portuguese Flags yesterday than Canada one's. Then again I suppose living right in the heart of Toronto's Portuguese Community as I do might have had something to do with it. :))

Karlos
The best place I've spent Canada Day is in Ottawa. Worth at least one go!

Popular posts from this blog

What is the virtue of a proportional response?

"Your request could not be completed. Please try again in a few minutes."

Remote Desktop Connection Manager - a boon for admins